Thursday, 21 April 2011

diwedd

Ar ôl wythnosau o waith caled, mynychu cyfarfodydd, chwarel's, teithiau car a pharatoi ar gyfer y dyddiad cau arddangosfa, y dyddiau diwethaf o osod y gwaith a newidiadau terfynol o'r diwedd wedi dod i ben. Roedd yn braf gweld y gwaith a gwblhawyd yn sefydlu ac yn barod i gael eu dilyn gan ffrindiau, teulu a'r cyhoedd. Mae rhan ohonof i yn falch o weld y cefn iddo, ar ôl i'r poeni ei achosi ar yr adegau ac y diffyg hyder wyf wedi'u cael drwy gydol roedd yna deimlad braf o ryddid ar ôl i mi adael fy ngwaith gwblhau, fel mochyn enfawr wedi cael ei eistedd ar fy ysgwyddau am y 3 mis diwethaf, mae'r pwysau o'r diwedd wedi cael ei godi. Mae hefyd yn rhan o mi fod yn eithaf mournful i gael y profiad o ddod i ben. Mae wedi bod yn gweithio yn oer ac yn wych gyda Ang, Will a Reuben. Yr wyf yn hapus â'r hyn yr wyf wedi ei gyflawni a sut y mae'r arddangosfa wedi troi allan, yr ydym wedi bod yn ffodus i weithio gyda Nic gan ei fod wedi ymrwymo ei hun i ein harddangosfa a gobeithio y mae wedi'i wneud yn llwyddiant. Mae hefyd yn mynd i gyd allan gydag enwau plastig yn ôl gludiog a cwrw diddiwedd i wneud ein harddangosfa classier bod ychydig bach.

After weeks of working hard, attending meetings, paned’s, car trips and preparing for the exhibition deadline, it had all finally come to an end.

The last few days of installing the work and doing the final alterations was a great learning experience. Having your work priced is quite mad; at extravagant prices it instantly felt professional. I'm happy with how my work was exhibited in it's space and how I and Ang's work was positioned in one room, as its created a very welsh orientated environment which is something we were both aiming for originally when you entered the area. I do feel that my films which were being projected in the back room were slightly disconnected from the rest of my work. I felt it contradicted my idea of intimacy in my work. Personally I feel that all my work should of been kept together, to emphasise the intimate family felt atmosphere. Another negative towards my final presentation was the lit up acetate pieces. I thought the pieces worked much more effectively when the lights were turned off during the opening night; obviously i was unable to do that as Ang's work would've been in the dark. Essentially, It was really nice to see the completed work set up and ready to be observed by friends, family and the public. A part of me was relieved to of completed the work, after the worry it had caused at times and the lack of confidence I had throughout there was a pleasant feeling of freedom once I left my completed work at the gallery, like a huge pig has been sitting on my shoulders for the last 3 months, the weight was finally lifted. There was also a part of me that was quite mournful to have the experience come to an end. It had been cool and wonderful working with Ang, Will and Reuben. I am happy with what I have achieved and how the exhibition turned out, we were fortunate to work with Nic as he committed himself to our exhibition and hopefully with his professional expertise and our work we made it a success. He also went all out with sticky back plastic names and endless booze to make our exhibition that little bit classier.





No comments:

Post a Comment